We spoke to Dr Raven Bowen, CEO of National Ugly Mugs, about their work tackling violence against sex workers, and how well the justice system responds to people engaging in this type of work.
- This toolkit speaks to the strengths of community advice services, and outlines the key steps required to set one up.
- This is a guide to problem-solving court practice in the United Kingdom
- This toolkit is for court practitioners seeking to improve court users’ perceptions of the fairness of court processes.
- This research seeks to understand how to effectively work with perpetrators of domestic abuse, by focusing on Family Drug and Alcohol Courts
- This paper sets out an evidence-led framework for diversion for drugs possession offences
Exploring the Responsiveness of Youth Diversion to Children with SEND
This literature review summarises the evidence around Special Educational Needs and Disability and youth diversion, with a focus on access and engagement.
Learning from problem-solving justice leaders in the UK and abroad
"Combining accountability and help is the smart, evidence-based response; punishment alone, without rehabilitation and hope, is a dead end." Phil Bowen reflects on the Centre's conference on problem-solving justice.
Children and young people’s voices on youth diversion and disparity
We spoke to children and young people about their experiences with the police, solicitors and youth justice services, and how they were perceived to have been influenced by their ethnic background.
A safe place and a safe time
This research looks at the provision of effective advocacy to Black and Minoritised victim-survivors of domestic abuse in contact with the criminal justice system.
Establishing pre-court interventions: a guide for police forces
In this evidence and practice briefing we outline what police forces should think about when developing a menu interventions. It includes best practice about working with partners, and advice for commissioning services and assuring the quality of the interventions being delivered.