This document provides practical innovative solutions to some of the main challenges facing the criminal justice system, that PCCs could include in their plans upon taking office.
- Podcast of ‘Equal diversion?: Racial disproportionality in youth diversion' launch event now available
- This briefing series is a guide for implementing the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill
- This report makes the case for making 'smarter' community sentences
- This research report examines current practice in the youth court
- This practice briefing shares how FDACs have been adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic
Equal diversion? Racial disproportionality in youth diversion
This report documents interviews with practitioners, young people & their families on how race impacts participation with youth diversion schemes.
Expert voice: Caroline Chapman, Police Sergeant, Hampshire Constabulary
We spoke with Caroline Chapman, a police sergeant at Project Gateway about her experience running this scheme.
Delivering a Smarter Approach: Community Sentence Treatment Requirements (CSTRs)
The briefing welcomes the expansion of Community Sentence Treatment Requirements (CSTR) programme.
Youth Diversion Effective Practice Award
This free online learning tool for youth diversion, has been developed by the Centre for Justice Innovation.
Family Drug and Alcohol Courts: An Innovative Approach to Family Justice
This briefing explains how Family Drug and Alcohol Courts (FDAC) offer an alternative way of dealing with care proceedings.