StreetCraft is a collection of interviews with UK’s leading criminal justice innovators.
29 practitioners from the public, charity and social enterprise sectors recount their experiences of developing solutions to reducing crime, helping victims and making communities safer.
The book features interviews with:
- Carole Edwards – Director of Plymouth’s pioneering CASS Plus service
- Pete White, Co-founder of Positive Prison,
- Charlotte Weinberg Executive Director of the charity Safe Ground
and many more.
Ten key lessons from StreetCraft
We interviewed pioneering frontline practitioners from the worlds of police, probation, prison, courts, and the third sector who divulged useful lessons and insights on criminal justice innovation:
- Start with a passion for solving problems
- Be clear about the problem
- Engage with others who care about the problem
- Have a convincing idea of how you’ll get there
- Build partnerships early and maintain them
- Balance your self-belief with humility and self-reflection
- Perseverance and persuasion are necessary
- Money is not the only resource
- Success and failure are seldom black and white
- It’s people, not systems which matter